Thursday, April 3, 2008

Parent-Teacher conferences

Today Scott and I went to Gage's school for parent-teacher conferences. Gage is doing great. His teacher loves him. She says that Gage is the kids all teachers dream of having in their class! :-) She also said that he has a wonderful sense of humor and he makes her laugh a lot. Gage is quite witty (he definitely gets that from his Grandpa Alan!) and many things he comes up with to say fly right over the other kids' heads in class, and he just cracks his teacher up. He tested way above where he should be, especially in the reading category, and his teacher has referred him to the Talented and Gifted Levels of Service program. We had to fill out a survey about Gage and give permission for them to test him to see if he qualifies to be in the program. We are very proud of him. I almost started crying during the conference because I am just so proud. (Probably a little hormonal too?) He had E's and S+'s throughout his report card. E is the best you can get, and S+ is just below that. There were a couple of S's, which is also very good, but those appeared in categories such as "Writes legibly". (He also gets that from his Grandpa Alan, as well as from his Dad). Most of the time his handwriting is terrible because he is in a hurry. It's quite amazing when he brings home his spelling tests and they are sooooo very neat, so I know he can do it, it's just a matter of him wanting to do it nicely. For a treat we went out to have ice cream at Dairy Queen.

A busy weekend lies ahead. Scott is going to Grand Forks tomorrow to listen to Barack Obama. Turns out Hillary Clinton is going to be speaking there as well. I wish I could go, but I don't have anyone to watch the kids. Apparently this is a big deal as this kind of thing hasn't happened in North Dakota since the 1960's, with both coming to talk at the same time. I'll have to just get it second-hand from Scott. Saturday I have an all day scrapbooking event (National Scrapbook Day) at the Civic Center (which I am not prepared for) and I have also found a free piano near Washburn that we are going to get this weekend. Sunday the 11 o'clock service at church has a special Bluegrass event with the Missouri River Boys performing, then after that I have my Circle group, which reminds me that I need to read the chapters we'll be discussing! A lot to do to prepare for the weekend ahead!

No comments: