Sunday, February 10, 2008

Partied out!

Celebrating Emma's 5th birthday at the Dakota Zoo!




Emily and the boys working on their part of the "Scavenger hunt relay race word scramble" (Yes, that is all one game! :-)




Scott and the girls working on their answers



Emma makes a wish (for a Webkinz) and blows out her 5 candles!




Well lookie here! She gets her wish! Silas, Hattie and Luke gave Emma "Popsicle" for her birthday.



Emma actually got her wish doubled and received 2 Webkinz pets! She received many great gifts from her friends and had them all out and playing with each and every one of them as soon as we got home! The party went very well. Since the temperature outside was extremely cold, no one else in Bismarck ventured to the zoo today, so we had the entire Discovery Center to ourselves. Gage said that was the best part, that there weren't any other people there! Speaking of Gage, we had a talk today about Emma's party and how she would be getting presents and he wouldn't. He said, "That's okay Mom because she'll just be getting girl stuff." I informed him that it was a possibility of her getting a Webkinz, and that it was okay for her to get them even though he wouldn't be getting any. Not much was said after that. During the present opening at the party he was doing very well until she opened up a Pinto Pony Webkinz. He has been wanting that one, and when I looked at him, he just had the saddest look on his face.

Isn't that just pitiful? Thanks to my photographer, Emily, I got a great shot of that face! Thank you Emily!!! That will be a great picture to add to his album!! Anyway, it nearly broke my heart. I don't know why I'm like that? I just can't stand to see my kids sad like this. Anyway, Gage and Emma received packages in the mail on Friday from their G'pa and G'ma Stephens and it just so happened that there was a Clydesdale horse in Gage's package that I had put back to give him on Valentine's Day from them. Since I knew that horse was waiting for him at home, I knew I could put a smile back on his face. It worked. Emma opened up another Webkinz from them and everyone was happy.
The cakes were delicious. I must inform you all that frosting is a very important part of a cake that has been turned out of it's pan. It definitely is an aid in keeping the cake moist. Gage and Emma's butterfly cakes were a little tough to cut; however, they did have a few pieces eaten off of them. Juanita gave me the best idea to send them to work with Scott. I'm sure they'll get eaten there! Thanks Juanita!!! You saved me about 5 pounds! We all had a great time at the party. And, a big thanks goes out to Emily and Jody for helping Scott and I keep everyone in line!! I really appreciate all that you did!
Scott had to leave the zoo once to get some candles and a lighter at the store. I did pretty good for only forgetting that. I seem to always forget about the candles!!
When he came back with Jody, Scott told me that Jody told him they had some good news and some bad news. I lit up and said, "I knew it! I knew it!" I don't know if I dreamed this or if it really happened, but I was thinking of Emily being pregnant. I was so excited! I was quite shocked to find out that wasn't the news! The news was that they are moving. I'm so sad about that. Later, after I thought about it for awhile, I had to ask, "So what's the good news?" I did my best at not showing too many emotions, even though I nearly broke out in tears. I am truly heartbroken. I am so happy for them that this will be a great career move for Jody and that they will be close to family, but my selfish side will be sooooo sad to see them go. I have never met anyone quite like Emily. We instantly became friends and we have so many things in common. The Jennings family became part of our family and I almost feel as if someone in my family has died. I don't quite know all of the details yet as Emily said she has been trying to tell me the news for several days, and waiting for the right time to do it. I can only pray that our friendship will continue to be this strong despite the many miles between us. Gage and Emma were oblivious to any "adult talk" at the party and when we got home I told them the news. They are very sad. After the kids were in bed and read to, Gage asked me if I could come and lay with him. When I was laying there with him he says, "Mom, is Carolina a good place?" I replied, "Yes Gage, Carolina is a good place, and we will go visit them." Gage says, "How many days can we stay?" :-) We have never been to South Carolina, so it will be a great vacationing spot! We have a little over a month before it happens, so hopefully I can get my tears shed before the big day. I told Gage he better get to work on learning how to whistle like Emily, because he only has a little time left to learn it. She just taught him how to roll his r's and Scott is soooo envious. He keeps asking Gage, "How do you do that?" Apparently to work the new swan call he got for Christmas, you need to be able to roll your r's. Scott told Gage that he will have to be the official swan caller! He'll be set if he ever takes a Spanish class. Thanks Emily, for all that you have brought into our lives. We love you all and will miss you dearly!



1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

Aside from our bombshell of news, it was an awesome party.
Silas said it was too short.
I was THRILLED to assist such a great party master.
We love you guys too. (again,I'd put several exclamation points here if that button worked on my computer)