Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I've been tagged

My friend Emily tagged me. I had to ask her what that meant.

6 Weird/Random things about Me
My friend Emily tagged me in this. I think it will be pretty interesting to learn weird things about other people. So, here are the rules.
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

I've had to do some thinking on this, and here is what I've come up with.

1. I am deathly afraid of public speaking. If I attempt to speak in front of a crowd, regardless if I'm standing in front of them or not, my neck turns red with hives and they crawl all the way up to my face and my ears start to burn. My voice sounds like I'm crying and I feel sick to my stomach.

2. I am obsessive/compulsive about certain things. For instance, if Gage or Emma are into a certain toy, I will buy them until they have too many of them. Also with books. If I buy a book and Gage likes it, and it happens to be in a series, we will end up with ALL of the books in that series, i.e. Junie B. Jones, Harry Potter (and now I have them in hardcover as well), Magic Tree House, Magic School Bus, the list goes on and on. Same goes for me and scrapbooking. I want the Cricut die-cut machine, but I'm afraid if I get one, I'll be like my sister and think I need to have ALL of the fonts. (I guess it runs in the family?)

3. I used to be somewhat of a trouble-maker in high school. Actually it was really just with one certain teacher. My English teacher. She told me I was a "rabble-rouser". (According to Merriam-Webster that means "one that stirs up (as to hatred or violence) the masses of the people." That was probably right on target. I did HATE her. I think she didn't like me because I was involved in sports. One day in class, she accused me of talking (and I will tell you I wasn't the one talking in that particular instance) and she attempted to pull my desk to the front of the classroom. I planted my feet on the floor and she was not able to move my desk with me in it. She had fire spurting from her ears as she sent me to the superintendent's office. Well, the superintendent was the basketball coach, so how much of a punishment do you think that was?

4. When we go out to eat, I always order the same kinds of things. I'm afraid to be adventurous because I feel that since we don't get to go out and eat very often, I don't want to waste my meal on something that I might not enjoy.

5. I wish I could sing, dance and play musical instruments. I love to sing, but really stink at it. I wish my Mom wouldn't have let me quit piano lessons when I was young. (At the time I'm sure I would have been very difficult to live with if she hadn't let me quit). I can't dance. I never danced "fast" dances in high school. I am embarrassed to flail about in public. I guess it was a good thing I started dating Scott before I entered high school and didn't have to rely on school dances to find a date. I would still be single if that were the case.

6. I am in love with Webkinz. I want one of my own so that I can play on my own account and decorate my own rooms how I want and not have to be the subject of cruelty when Emma decides she wants to sell everything I've worked so hard to earn!

Now I am supposed to tag 6 people. As far as I know, I only have 2 friends with blogs, and one of them, Emily, tagged me. So, I will tag my other blogging friend, Kara.

No comments: