Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Very clever

Tonight Scott came up with a very clever way to get Gage to do his homework NEATLY. We have been having problems with him rushing through his school work and being very SLOPPY with his handwriting. It drives me nuts. Especially on Friday when he comes home with his test paper and it is sooooo neat that I would never guess it was his paper. So, I know he can do it, he just chooses to not take his time and do it neatly. Anyway, Scott told Gage tonight, as he set a timer, that each minute he spent on his homework, taking his time to do it nicely, will be an extra minute that he gets read to at bedtime! When I heard him tell Gage that, I thought that was a brilliant idea and wished that I hadn't come up with it myself! Anyway, he spent 20 min and 1 sec doing his spelling worksheet and it was so nice and neat I couldn't believe it! The funny part is that when we layed down in bed to start reading, he thought that was going to be A LOT of time and that we would get to read about 3 chapters in the new Harry Potter book we just started. The timer went off before I even finished reading the first chapter! Anyway, it was a brilliant idea and I look forward to trying it again tomorrow! WAY TO GO SCOTT!!! :-)

2 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

that is a great idea. I like that incentive.

Kara said...

That was a clever idea! Good job, Scott! I am FINALLY just catching up and reading your blogs for the last 1 1/2 weeks! The party looked fun and your cake was awesome! Jadyn was sad she missed it, especially when she got the invitation yesterday! We will stop by soon to get Emma her gift! Take care and stay warm!