Friday, February 15, 2008

Quiet day

As part of my Valentine's Day gift today, Scott said that he would get the kids up and feed them breakfast and get them ready for school AND take them to school. I was secretly thinking to myself, yeah right. He is out of town for the weekend and had to fly out around 11am today, so he didn't go to work this morning. I told myself that I would make sure to get up and help get them off to school. Apparently when Scott got up, he shut the bedroom door and I was unable to hear anything that was going on this morning. THANKFULLY, I woke up at 8am. I went downstairs to see what was going on. Emma was still in her p.j.'s and they had both eaten breakfast. Today was wear blue day at school for Gage, so I had to get him to change his clothes. Emma's Valentine's Day party was today at school, and Scott hadn't gotten her Valentine's put into her backpack. Then I realized Gage did not have a snack or his water bottle in his bag! I started running around the house getting this and that. Then I remembered his dictation test was this morning and I asked Scott if he had gone over those with Gage. He hadn't. Needless to say, they were just a little late this morning as Scott quizzed Gage on his dictation on the drive to school. When Scott got back home he told me that he thought it was going to be an easy morning, so he slept in til 7:30, then realized after I got up that he didn't have enough time to do everything. Plus, he didn't know today was wear blue day for Gage, etc. etc. He admitted that he didn't realize there was so much to do in the mornings!

Emily took Emma home with her after she and Silas got out of school, then after Gage got out of school I picked him up and we went over to Emily's and had supper and watched last night's Survivor episode. I had a very quiet day and didn't get as much done as I wanted to get done. However, since Scott is gone this weekend, it will be a fairly quiet weekend at home, except for dance for Emma tomorrow and hockey for Gage Sat and Sun and church on Sunday. This house is a wreck and I have dog hair everywhere, so it is a good time to stay home and get things done!

No comments: