Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not much going on here!

I'm sorry I didn't get anything posted yesterday. Sunday night I took a pill to prevent me from itching all night. It seemed to work, but I felt like I had a terrible hangover yesterday morning! (Not that I know what those feel like! HA) I just felt terrible and didn't want to do anything. My friend Shannon called me before I took the kids to school to ask if I could watch her daughter, Grace, while she went to the dentist. I was kind of glad to have the excuse to go straight home after dropping the kids off and just sitting around and playing with her. She's quite a character and loves Brie and the cats, as long as they don't invade her space!

Last night I attended a Tastefully Simple party that my friend, Emily, was having. It was a lot of fun and we got to taste a lot of different things. I of course had to order a few things to try some of the other recipes in the slow cooker cook book thing I got from another Tastefully Simple party. I already have supper going in the crockpot for tonight. It's called Asian Chive Pork Soup. It smells delicious and I can't wait to try it out. The only problem is that this Asian Chive seasoning is "seasonal" and apparently you can only get the seasonal stuff through the end of this month, and then they come out with their spring and summer line. The bad thing is, that the seasonal products may or may not be available next fall. I wish I would have gone to marketing school so I could think up things like this to keep people spending their money!! After the party I stayed and watched Prison Break with them on television. It was nice to be able to watch it on a clear screen without having to get up and adjust the rabbit ears during the commercials! AND, we didn't have to even watch the commercials because they have some sort of thing through their cable that you can set it to record and watch it later and fast forward through the commercials. I've discovered after watching the episodes on Netflix that the shows are much better without commercial breaks. They are more thrilling and suspenseful without the commercials! We've caught up to the present with the Prison Break series and we have gotten into the 24 show and are up to season 3 right now. I'm told I need to get into watching LOST now. :-)

Not much going on today. I'm anxious to watch a new season of Big Brother that starts tonight. Usually this is aired during the summer, but they are starting one now and I'm anxious to get started watching it! There has been nothing on television since this writer's strike, which will hopefully be over soon!

We're supposed to be getting some snow this afternoon, and I'm not going to believe it until I see it. We were supposed to have had a blizzard Friday night and Saturday and didn't even see a flake of snow! Everyone was so prepared for it too. Emma's dance teacher called Friday night to cancel dance on Saturday in preparation for the blizzard. That was a wasted snow day!

No comments: