Friday, February 29, 2008

Wipeout!

Today was a beautiful day! This morning my friend Kara and I went for a walk around the Tom O'Leery loop which is a 2.2 mile trail. We went around the first time and Kara asked if I wanted to go again. We decided not to do the whole trail again, but turned around to walk part of the way around, then turned around to come back. Shortly after we turned around the first time, I hit a patch of ice and completely wiped out! There were many patches of ice around the whole trail, but for whatever reason, I didn't make it across this one. My feet went right out from under me and I landed right on my rump, which for me, is the best place to land. Kara was worried I hurt myself, which at the time, nothing was hurt but my pride. I wonder how many cars were driving by and had to do a double take as I wiped out. There was an older man jogging in our direction at the time and he didn't look at us or say a word. He was either in his "zone", or he couldn't see that far in front of him. I hope he didn't crash, because I'm sure he would have broken something. Later I decided my back was sore from the jarring, and I also started getting a headache. Not too long after that I had to call Scott to see if he could take me to the hospital because I couldn't get up from a sitting position. I'm totally pulling your leg Kara, I'm fine. Just wanted to see if I could get your blood pumping for the second time today! HA HA! We are supposed to have some great weather again tomorrow so I'm hoping we can get outside and do something. Gage has a Winter Fun Day planned with his Cub Scout pack and Emma has another birthday party to attend. She is quite the little social bug these days! Wishing you all nice-weathered weekend!

1 comment:

Kara said...

OMG Stacy! You are terrible. I was just reading this before heading to bed and was ready to call your house! I'll get you back! :) Have a good weekend!
K