Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Emma

Emma didn't want to go to school this morning. I'm not sure of the exact reason why, but I think it had something to do with Silas not being there? Her excuse to me was, "Well, the Lego boys think they have to play with the legos on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (and she repeated the days of the week about three times)." The "Lego boys" are a group of boys who are always playing together and hogging the legos. They weren't very nice to Silas, and I think sometimes Emma? She had class pictures today, so I didn't want her to miss that, so she went. We had a difficult time this morning agreeing on an outfit, which ended up being a black long-sleeved t-shirt with a denim skirt and leopard spotted tights with hot pink and black stripes. She had vanilla yogurt spilled all over the front of her shirt before we left for school, so I had to take her upstairs for some "spot cleaning" before we left, then had to blow it dry. Emma was high maintenance this morning! Before I left her at school this morning I told the teachers about her not wanting to come today, and her reasoning about the "Lego boys". They informed me that she is right there at the Lego table with the boys playing most of the time. So, I believe that confirmed it was more about Silas being gone, than the "Lego boys". The kids certainly miss the Jennings family, as do I. Yesterday was Silas' real birthday and both Emma and Gage had to talk to him on the phone yesterday 2 separate times to tell him Happy Birthday. Gage told Silas that he was going to come and stay the summer. I'm not sure about that, but we are hoping to maybe take a big trip to see them and plans are hopefully in the making. Emily left us a great message on the answering machine this morning singing us a new song, "Oh, Canada!" Not sure why she picked that one, but we'll have it memorized before the week is out! HA HA! We have explicit orders from Emma to NOT ERASE EMILY'S MESSAGES! You'll have to think up another song Emily, and SOON! HA HA! Grandma Pipi, you're going to have to join in on the sing-a-song message for Emma on the answering machine! She loves them, and you too, are a wonderful singer! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have one of those "Leggo Boys"....Colton dreams about being at the Leggo table....