Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Emma and Gage's Easter baskets

Gage's Easter loot


Emma's Easter loot


Gage finds his Easter basket!



Emma finds her Easter basket!



Gage and Emma - Easter 2008


Our Family - Easter Sunday


Emma finds an Easter egg!


Gage finds an Easter egg!


The Easter bunny left Gage the Tiger Snake Webkinz!


The Easter bunny left Emma the Poodle Webkinz!
The kids woke up very excited to find their Easter baskets this morning. I think there was a little bit of a let down, but Gage tried hiding it as well as he could. He noticed right off this morning that the eggs were still in the refrigerator. I guess we're going to have to get up earlier in the future, as they are getting smarter and will soon figure it all out if we aren't careful. The bunny came while we were at church. Scott left just after communion to take care of business. The kids kept asking where he was, and after so long, the response, "He must be in the bathroom?", didn't work. I then had to tell Gage I wondered if maybe he went home to get his fish bank that he was to put in the offering today for the One-hour of sharing offering. That worked, until he came back to church without it. I then had to tell him that I'll bet he went home to get it, but then forgot what he went home to get? HA HA! That is something I would do, not Scott! Anyway, they were very excited when we pulled into the driveway and there were Easter eggs all over the front yard. The Easter bunny can never hide them in the backyard because there is typically too much dog poop back there this time of year! Just before we left for church, we discovered Emma wasn't feeling well. She wasn't cooperating too well when we were getting ready and didn't want to smile for any pictures. I then noticed in her eyes that she looked like she wasn't feeling well, and when I asked her, she said she wasn't. We went ahead to church anyway and it wasn't long you could see very plainly that she felt horrible. She curled up in Scott's lap for most of the service, and then I took over when Scott had to leave. She was definitely warm. Everyone asked about her and patted her on the back and hoped she would get to feeling better. I assured them she would be okay, as I sometimes like having the "lethargic" Emma to hang out with! :-) She did hunt eggs as soon as we got home, but then changed clothes and laid down on the couch. She woke up a little while ago and decided she didn't want the grilled cheese sandwich she had previously asked for. She is taking a nap. I will let her warm little body fight off the bug she has for awhile, then I will help her out with some Motrin. It always works quite well, which is why I sometimes hold off a little while. (I know that sounds terrible, but it really is good for them to fight the infection themselves!) Or at least that's what I tell myself to justify not giving any medicine immediately after they start running a fever. We have a ham in the oven for supper with no big plans for the afternoon. Scott and Gage ran an errand to fill my car up with gas and get a few things we need at Walmart. Gage reminded me I needed to pay him the $2 I owed him for cleaning his room yesterday, so I'm guessing there's something he wants to buy. Not that that's unusual! I hope this finds you all well and having a great time with family. I wish we could have had a few more days off around the weekend so we would have time to travel to visit family in Iowa. We're there with you in spirit "Grandma Pipi" and "Grandpa Carole"! (Emma has lots of names for Grandpa Alan! :-) Happy Easter!!









1 comment:

Kara said...

Hope you had a Happy Easter! I am sure the kids were thrilled with the nice things the Easter bunny brought! :)