Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Movie alert!

I don't know if any of you have seen the Bee Movie or not. Back when it was out in the theaters, Scott, Gage, Emma and I went to see it. We all really enjoyed it. Gage and Emma now own this movie. (A little prematurely actually, as I had bought it for their Easter basket and unfortunately I was one-upped by Grandma S.) Anyway, Gage wanted to watch it when he came home sick from school yesterday. He did watch some of it, and he had watched bits and pieces of it on Sunday as well. Last night, about 1 a.m., Gage came up to our room crying. He said his head hurt. He got into our bed and I had Scott go get him some Motrin as that seemed to help previously. He took the Motrin and stayed in our bed. He was very upset and I asked him what was wrong. He said he had had a bad dream. Gage has a very vivid dreamland. His dreams seem very real to him and can really scare him at night. Actually he's been having some dreams lately where he is going to the bathroom, and he wakes up and has peed the bed. (I remember doing this when I was younger, actually I've also done it as an adult. I remember I was sleeping on the couch and I was probably 6 or 7 years old, and I dreamed I was peeing, and woke up and was actually doing it! I was too embarrassed to tell Mom, so instead, I just flipped the couch cushion over so no one would know! NICE! I would kill my kids if they did that! I'm sure Mom wondered why the couch smelled like pee! It was me Mom!) Anyway, Gage dreamed last night that we were all bees. We were in a hive and Gage was at the bottom of the hive and was working away really hard trying to clean the floor of sticky honey. Then, another bee came into the hive and stung him. Apparently it was a traumatic sting, which caused him to wake up very upset, crying and coming into our bedroom with a headache. I asked him if the headache was from the stress of the dream, and he said it was. Poor little guy! He must have been working extremely hard down there on the bottom of the hive when he got stung! HAHA! He has some good dreams, let me tell you! I was hoping I wouldn't forget what it was about today, and luckily I remembered. So, I just wanted you to "bee" alert to this movie, and the fact that it is rated PG, doesn't mean it's good for all kids! :-)

Grandpa and Grandma left for home today. Emma and I went to McDonald's with them for lunch before they left. When we were standing at the counter ordering, I turned around and saw Silas bolting for the playland area, then saw Emily and her mother-in-law trudging through the door with Hattie and Luke! What a great surprise! I had no idea they were going to be there and was excited to see them. They were meeting another friend and her two kids there for lunch so they all joined us in the back of the playland to eat lunch. It was quite loud in there today and I think Scott's parents were a little surprised at how busy it was. His Dad thought that going at 11:30 would beat the rush. HA! I knew better, but figured I would let them see for themselves. That is a busy place because of the playland area and also being next to the interstate. It turned out to be a good thing for Emma, as she was distracted from the fact that Grandpa and Grandma were leaving and wasn't as upset as she would have been otherwise. Both she and Gage have a hard time saying good-byes. When we leave Iowa Gage is always sooo terribly upset and cries so hard it just breaks my heart, so it always helps to have some distraction at those times to help ease the pain a little.

I was busy today getting the extra bedroom ready for Jody, Emily and the kids. They are closing on their house tomorrow and are leaving North Dakota on Thursday so I told them to stay the night at our house. It will be a crazy night and I'm sure no one is going to sleep well. Hopefully Jody does, as he will have the hardest day driving the moving truck as far as he can on the trek to South Carolina. Silas will be riding with him and will hopefully keep him awake while Emily, Hattie and Luke fly. I get the honors of taking them to the airport and I'm very much like Gage and Emma in respect to saying good-bye. I hate it. It's going to be a tough one. I have a hard time telling my parents good-bye when we leave and I always get choked up. I never tell my sister Kysa good-bye because I hate it so much! She is the same way. I think it's just a mutual understanding and we don't go there. (Or at least I think that's what it is? Maybe she's ready for me to go home? HA HA!) It's just weird. I'm not good at them and Thursday is going to be a tough one!!! I know, however, that this is going to be a friendship that will last, despite the distance between us. I was just thinking about it the other night, and know how sometimes relationships fizzle out when there is so much distance. It wasn't that way with our very dear friends, Jason and Julie, who have both gone to be with the Lord. We always took every chance we got to see them when we had the opportunity and they did the same. I remember traveling to Delaware to see them, and flying to Minnesota to see them when we lived in Memphis. And, they also traveled to visit us when we lived in Mississippi, Tennessee and even Montana! Julie also drove here to Bismarck with Samantha and Matthew from MN when Emma was born. She came to stay with Gage while Scott and I were at the hospital with Emma. That is a true friendship, and I know I have that same kind of relationship with Emily. I got all choked up today at lunch when Silas told Emma, in such a sweet but sad voice, "I hope we're friends forever Emma." Even Judy, Jody's mom, got all choked up. They are such a wonderful family and we are going to miss them dearly.

Okay, okay. I got a little windy tonight. Sorry! I had a lot on my mind!

No comments: