Thursday, April 2, 2009

At the hospital

I am able to post on my blog today, since my sister, Kim, brought her laptop with her. I think I really like this thing!!

Mom went into surgery around 10:30 this morning. She was quite nervous and if she could have left, she would have. Everything came out good. The doctor came out after he finished to talk to us and had the plaque that he removed in his hand to show us and have us feel it through the gauze he had it in to show us how hard it was. The blockage that was thought to be 70-99% actually turned out to be 65% so it wasn't quite as bad as they thought it was, however, it is a good thing it was removed. She is quite groggy yet and is in her room in the ICU. Only 2 of us can be in the room at the same time, so it's a good thing they have a big waiting room with a television, couches and wireless internet! If all goes well, Mom should be discharged from the hospital tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your prayers, they worked!

No comments: