Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

May 5th was a busy day for us! My Mom turned 67 today (Happy Birthday Mom!) and Scott and I celebrated (well, not really) our 14th anniversary. I say not really, because we had a very busy evening with back-to-back-to-back activities. It all went well too! We brought IsaBelle, one of Emma's friends/fellow Daisy Scout, home from school with us so she could go with us to the Girl Scout event at Camp Neche. I had never been out there before. It is quite a ways south of town way back in the boonies. There was something dead in the trees I think, because there was quite a stench that just about made me sick. The girls made s'mores, a craft, played BINGO and also attended a "Uniquely Me" talk. They made books about what makes them unique. They had fun doing that. We had to leave before it was completely over because Emma had soccer at 6:30, and Gage had baseball at 6:30. Scott met us in the Scheel's parking lot on our way to soccer so he could take Gage to baseball. He handed me a sandwich from Quiznos and said "Here's your anniversary supper! Happy Anniversary!" That was about all we saw of each other today until about 8:40 when Emma and I got home from baseball practice. I'm glad today is over. I have been planning it out for a few days now to make it go as smoothly as possible. I had all of their gear for each activity in the car and made them sack lunches to eat while we drove out to Camp Neche. We rarely eat in the car so the kids seem to think that is some sort of treat when we do that. LOL! I think the only think that saved me today was that I had everything planned out.

I'm exhausted and am going to go to bed.

No comments: