Monday, May 11, 2009

I've been doing it all wrong!

Apparently I've been doing things all wrong here. Sunday morning the kids were up at 6:30 am and didn't get to bed until almost 10p. They were so tired they fell right to sleep. I KNEW they were going to be a mess this morning and I let them sleep until 7:40. They were still clearly tired when I woke them up, but we had a GREAT morning! They were both so lethargic that they did just what I asked them to do WHEN I asked them to do it! It was amazing! They may not have learned a single thing in school today, but our morning went very smooth. LOL! I worked at Corpus Christi today in the lunchroom and one of the ladies who works at the school and also works in the lunchroom and does playground duty asked me if something was wrong with Emma today because she was just kind of sitting off to herself on the playground and not being "herself". I told her she was just exhausted from the long day yesterday. I felt so terrible about getting them to sleep so late last night, but I didn't have much of a choice. It was another late night again tonight because Gage had another baseball game at 7:30. Thankfully we finished earlier tonight than last night! They still weren't in bed until 9:30 though.

Last night's game was the first game of the season. I think they actually won the game by just a few runs. Gage played right field one inning, center field one inning and then left field one inning. They play 5 innings, but aren't allowed to score more than 4 runs/inning. That's a good rule at this age. The kids are doing all of the pitching which makes for a LONG, boring game. No one gets a whole lot of action. Gage batted twice last night and struck out both times. He swung at every pitch, good or not. He did much better tonight. He still struck out both times, but he was using a lighter bat and had a much better swing than last night. It was pretty ugly last night. I don't think we won tonight, but the kids played a much better game. I was so excited about the fact that I can eat sunflower seeds this summer since I no longer have my braces on! YIPPPEEE!

No comments: