Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm back

As I was sitting upstairs on the couch with the kids, trying not to fall asleep, it dawned on me that I didn't blog yesterday. As I logged onto my blog, I see that I haven't blogged in 2 days! Geez! I didn't even realize it.

Yesterday we took our Cub Scout den and Daisy Scout troop on an Earth Day field trip. We had a total of 5 Scouts, so it was a manageable trip. It was so cold that there were even snow flurries while we were out! We went to Ducks Unlimited's Coteau Ranch, which is near Wing, ND, which isn't too far from Tuttle. Anyway, we cleared out a ditch of logs from a tree that was cut down, dipped up aquatic insects, candled eggs from some mallard nests and Scott and the kids took a hike. We met at the school at 8am and caravanned to our destination. We were home around 2pm, so it was a long morning for me. I've been so darned tired lately that I was pretty wiped out when we got home. It seemed like a long drive there and back and all I wanted to do was close my eyes on the drive back, but since I had 6 passengers in the car with me, I decided it would probably be a better idea to keep my eyes open, focused on the road. Our plan was to have lunch while we were there. When Scott was lighting the charcoals, it dawned on him that he forgot the hot dogs and brats at home in the refrigerator. UGH! Thankfully one of the other Mom's brought a package of hotdogs. Eight hotdogs for 12 people, does that work? One of the families insisted that they were needing to get on the road and said they would grab a bite when they got back to Bismarck, which left 1 hotdog each. That was enough with the chips and other stuff; however. Now I have a gazillion hotdogs and brats in the fridge. Anyone wanna come over for a hotdog roast? :-)

I had a nice Mother's Day morning. The kids were up bright and early at 6:30 bringing me all kinds of things they made for me at school and at home. The special surprise was a Mother's ring. I have been wanting one for a long time and I love it. After church we went out for brunch with some good friends and had a great time visiting.

There is a group arriving in Tuttle from Mississippi State. One of Scott's old professors and a group of students are on a field trip and will be staying overnight in Tuttle. Scott took a detour and checked on the house on his way home from our field trip yesterday to make sure everything was in order. The water is working, so that is good. He had to have some new water pump or something put in last week because the other one wasn't working. He went up to Tuttle after brunch to meet with the Mississippi State group and will be home later tomorrow.

Gage has his first baseball game tonight. The darned thing doesn't start until 7:30 though! The kids' bedtime is 7p, so that ought to tell you we're going to have a great day tomorrow. I'll be lucky if I can keep my eyes open long enough to get him there. I haven't been to any of his practices yet because Emma has had practice at the same time, so I haven't seen him play yet this year. He is in lower minors this year, which means the kids themselves will be doing the pitching, so it ought to be quite comical. I hope they don't rotate everyone though the pitching position. I'm not sure Gage is ready for that spot yet. Actually, I'm quite positive that he isn't ready for that position yet!

Not too much else is going on here today. I just want to tell Mom, Happy Mother's Day! We love you so very much and are anxious to see you again! Mom, when we were walking through the grocery store today Gage came up to me and told me he found the perfect thing to get you. I knew he and Emma had been checking out the flowers, and thought that was what he was going to show me. He went to get it to show me and brought back a flyswatter. LOL! He thinks that would be the perfect gift for me to give to you for Mother's Day! It sure made me smile and I hope it makes you smile too! We love you! Happy Mother's Day to the best Mom ever!

No comments: