Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shot

Man, I AM SHOT!!! I'm not sure when I've ever been this tired before. I'm just dragging and by the time the afternoon rolls around it's all I can do to remain upright and keep my eyes open.

I helped in the library again today. I love change and am excited every day to see how the library looks. I think we're pretty close to being done with all we can do. The next step is construction. I also had to work in the lunchroom at Corpus Christi today. It's obvious that the last day of school is near. All of the kids seem to be getting restless.

Gage had an early baseball game tonight at 5:45. Scott is out of town so he missed all of the fun. NOT! I was a nervous wreck when I heard the coach announce that Gage would pitch in the 4th inning. UGH! He is having a real hard time throwing the ball for some reason. I think he is trying to do the things everyone has been telling him to do and has combined them all to make a really bad throw. It seems as if he's trying to throw the ball with his elbow glued to his side. If you can just imagine what that might look like, then imagine someone attempting to pitch like that. Not pretty! He did throw 1 strike, and I'd say 90% of the other throws were either hitting the ground half way between the pitching mound and home plate, or going behind the batter. Thankfully he didn't bean anyone! Needless to say, he walked all but 1 player and I think that player hit the ball after it bounced off the ground. Thankfully they only allow 4 runs per inning or we never would have made it out alive. It was priceless; however, to see Gage's face when the coach called "STRIKE" on the one strike he did throw! I'm hoping this experience has convinced Gage that he needs to practice playing catch outside with his mother and father! He struck out 2 times and then hit the ball on his final at-bat. He made it to first base and ended up scoring a run after a few more boys either hit the ball or walked. He was very excited about that and asked if he could call Dad as soon as we got home so he could tell him he got on base AND scored a run!

After we got home I gave the kids spit baths. Tomorrow is the last day of school and I really don't care how dirty they are. I got their faces washed and their hands and fingernails cleaned and I say they are "good to go". Emma wanted me to read to her in my bed and I decided to just go with it. While we were reading, Gage came in too, with his book, so I read a few chapters for Emma and a few for Gage. I told them, when I was done reading, that it was time to go to bed. I told them I was just going to lay in bed for a few minutes because it was so nice and comfortable and cozy. I think I fell asleep before either of them made it to their own bedroom! I believe it was around 9pm and the next thing I know it's 10! I should have just stayed in bed, but I was already feeling guilty for not posting last night, so I thought I best get that done while my eyes were still open! I attempted to post last night, but for whatever reason my computer wouldn't load either blogger OR facebook, so I just gave up and quit because I was just too tired to keep trying.

I can't wait to sleep in Saturday morning and for the next 2 weeks before Camp Edventure starts!

No comments: