Saturday, May 2, 2009

Soccer for Emma

Emma had her second soccer game this morning. It was a breezy and chilly morning out there! It's always colder at that soccer complex than anywhere else in Bismarck. Hopefully the trees that are scheduled to be planted out there by the Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts will help with blocking that cold wind!

I don't know what happened today, but our girls had circles run around them by the opposing team. I don't know if that team is 1st graders or what but I'm glad there is no score at this age. I think the score would have been 100-3. Emma did score one of those 3 goals, thankfully. Those girls were REALLY good! It wasn't just one of them either, it was the entire team! I don't know if it is a certain school, or if the team was stacked or what, but they beat us BAD!

I had fun taking pictures though. I think I was in the right place with the sun behind me because I got several taken that turned out much better than usual. I'm only posting a few on here. The rest are on Facebook if you want to check them out.

Emma passes the ball to her teammate Lauren.


Go Emma, Go!


Emma seemed to be hogging all of the kick ins. She apparently likes doing that.



Emma played very hard and I think she was tired when it was over. We have a make-up game tomorrow at 12:30, so hopefully it will be a little better game. Emma's favorite part is snacks at the end. For whatever reason, they have 3 people each game bringing snacks, so there were plenty of them!
We had a busy day outside. We spent most of the afternoon outside raking the backyard. It desperately needed it and there is still more to do. I sure love our big trees out back, but I seem to have a love/hate relationship with them. I LOVE the shade they provide in the summer, but I HATE those stupid little seeds that drop from it. There are several million of those stupid assed things from 6 1/2 years of living here. I don't know how to get them all cleaned up. They are the size of a pea and I'm not kidding when I say several MILLION of them are laying in the backyard. They are wreaking havoc with the grass under the tree and I have to try to keep them under control. I have enough problems with Brie killing the grass after peeing on it all winter long, I don't need those stupid little seeds working against me too! Maybe we'll get it finished tomorrow? I'm quite sure I'm going to be sore and not really wanting to go finish it. My Dad always says you can't have kids, dogs and good grass all at the same time. He is so right. I guess I'll take my kids (I could leave the dog) and accept the fact that we have a shitty (literally) yard. LOL!
The kids were out of sorts for some reason this afternoon. Gage was having meltdown after meltdown and Emma is TELLING me she is getting her ears pierced TOMORROW! Boy is she wrong!

No comments: