Friday, September 7, 2007

Another week come and gone!

Well, we made it through week two of school and everyone is still alive (barely). I can't wait until the time changes so I can convince the kids, when it is dark at 4:30pm, that it is bedtime!!! Maybe then we can all have some peace. Gage had another major meltdown last night. I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what the heck was going on, as it was nice and the windows were open and I'm sure the hollering and crying was heard by all of them that happened to be outdoors at the time. Scott was out of town, and Gage was not happy that he couldn't talk to Dad. Dad was in an important meeting at the time, otherwise I would have been happy to dial him up!!!
Both Gage and Emma had show-and-tell at school today. I always enjoy seeing what they pick to take. It's never what I think it's going to be. They both took their Webkinz stuffed animals. They were also able to print out a picture of the rooms they have created online for them, but Gage wasn't too happy that the ink cartridge was running out and all of the colors weren't exactly right. He later decided that was okay and wanted to take it afterall. He told me on the walk home that his teacher forgot that it was show-and-tell day so he had to remind her. I hate to tell her that he has a memory that doesn't quit! He said only 3 kids, including himself, brought items to show-and-tell about. Apprently all those parents forgot too, but I'll bet they'll remember next Friday! :-) I'm not sure what Emma "tells" about her stuff. She couldn't remember much about what happened today to fill me in, except that she got 2 muffins at snack time.
This evening we were at our neighbor Maggie's big 40th (YES 40!!) birthday party. The kids had a great time, but once again made it to bed later than I wanted. So another fun-filled day to look forward to tomorrow!
Scott made it home from his trip to MN this afternoon. He spent his afternoon decking his truck out with those new floor mats that I ordered (NOT!). Apparently I ordered some seat covers as well. I missed another photo op of him putting more stickers on the back window of his truck. He'll soon run out of things to "accessorize" it with. I HOPE!
Emma has her first Kinder Dance session tomorrow morning. I'm anxious to see how it goes. I reread the info sheet and noticed there is a "dress code". We don't have the leather ballet shoes, but I'm sure they'll have some available for purchase. I'm afraid to know how much those are going to cost!
The hunting season starts up tomorrow, but I believe I am going to be saved by the wind and rain that is predicted. Hallelujah! The sharptail grouse are safe for another day. I must admit that I am anxious for Brie to get out and run off some energy. She's been spending her time outside emptying our recycling containers and I have been out picking up chewed up #1 and #2 plastics, along with a bunch of cardboard. That's one bad thing about backyard fences, all the junk stays in our yard instead of blowing into the neighbors. I'm sure they are thankful for that! I remember them acting a little sad about the fence going up soon after we moved in, and they said it wouldn't bother them if Gage (Emma hadn't arrived yet), wandered around in their yard. The following spring, when all of the grass was dead in our backyard from the dog, I'm sure that changed their minds about the fence!! My Dad tells me you can't have kids, dogs and a nice yard all at the same time. He is correct.
Well, it is nearing midnight, and it's time for me to head to bed so I can lay there awake for another 3 hours. I've got lots to think about, apparently.

No comments: