Saturday, September 22, 2007

Busy day

Emma and I had a very busy day. Just us girls! :-) We started the day quite early helping my friend Amy with her garage sale, that we had a few items on. It was crazy busy! I have never had a garage sale where you nearly sell out of everything! I had taken my stuff to her house in about 3 trips, and came home with 3 things that didn't sell! It went well. Emma and I had to leave a couple times; however, for extra sacks, then dance. I was disappointed at dance class (quite bored in fact). They have the stage completely blocked off so you can't watch them practice. So, I pretty much sat and twiddled my thumbs and watched the other kids running around the basement of the church. We left there to go home and have lunch. Emma did NOT want to go back to the garage sale. I don't blame her. I didn't want to take her back either, as I knew she wasn't having fun, and I wasn't having fun with her begging for every single toy/stuffed animal that Amy had for sale. UGH! Things were better after her son Clay got off of work. Emma had her own 17-year-old friend to play with. She enjoyed that alot. Clay was very good with her. When we were packing up and getting ready to leave, Emma asked Amy and I if we could schedule a play date for her and Clay!!! Man, I am in trouble!
Scott called to let me know that they are doing well in Tuttle. They got up early this morning, hunted, killed birds. Apparently after Scott and a friend had shot their birds, they let Gage shoot his BB gun at the ducks that landed on the water. He thought that was great fun. He did have a major meltdown. I wasn't surprised, as he went to bed later than usual and was up very early this morning. He did take a nap this afternoon though (Scott made him), and then woke up as our normal, happy-go-lucky Gage. He'll be ready for complete meltdown when he gets home Monday, and he has his first Cub Scout den meeting that night, which is here at our house. So, I best get to cleaning tomorrow!
It was a beautiful day here today. I hope tomorrow will be just as nice!

No comments: