Wednesday, September 19, 2007

OCD or trying to be a good parent?

Well, Gage is officially a Cub Scout. We are watching the uniform shirts on ebay to see if we can get a better deal than the local shop. I know we should support our local stores, but even the area leader said that you can get them cheaper on ebay. (Like I need more excuses to shop on ebay!) Anyway, I am currently bidding on one and am at $5.00. Wish us luck! Scott, Emma and I went to the Capitol Trophy Shop to get a few of the items Gage will need, ie his Cub Scout Handbook, Pack # patch, World Crest patch (or whatever it is called), and The Northern Lights Council patch. This is not going to be good for me. I'm not sure if I have OCD, or if I am just wanting to be a good parent? Also, I have a bit of a competitive drive within, and that has alot to do with it as well. Anyway, I was reading through the book, trying to learn more about Cub Scouts. Scott told me at lunch that he made it all the way through the levels. I'm not very "Cub Scout smart" yet, as I don't know all the levels, beads and what not. It won't take long, however, and I'll have it all down. There are MANY different things Gage will be doing to earn beads for his Immediate Recognition Emblem (don't be too impressed, I had to go get the book as I couldn't remember what it was called). The "electives" Gage will be doing range from helping do chores at home to making cards for the elderly in nursing homes, etc. Many of the electives we already do, so it won't be too difficult. For each 10 electives we do, Gage will earn a Tiger track bead. After he has earned all 15 beads he will be eligible for a Tiger Cub badge showing he has earned the rank of Tiger Cub. Scott is Gage's Den Leader. The first "Den meeting" will be here at our house. Wonderful! I am as excited about Cub Scouts as Gage is. You should all be ready, as Popcorn sales start in October! (That is one thing I just HATE doing.... selling things!) I guess Gage and I will grow together. He can earn a patch if he fills his order form, which I believe is 25 lines. So, be ready! :-0 (That's your advance warning.....they have made it quite easy to sell to family that is far away, as you can order online and have it applied to your Scout, Gage, and it will be mailed to your door!!) How easy is that? So, get ready Grandpa and Grandma, and Aunts and Uncles..................you are no longer safe by living afar! Gage has a Mom with OCD who wants to earn as many patches as we can! HA HA!

No comments: