Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fall cleaning

I don't know if the fall-cleaning bug hit me today or what, but I actually did some housework. Emma is a great helper. She saw me cleaning the upstairs bathroom sink and wanted to help. Alot of the time, I just want to get it done and I try getting her distracted and she'll go off and do something else. I decided that if she wanted to help, I would let her. I told her to take a washcloth and take it downstairs to the bathroom and clean that sink. I figure if I can't see what she's doing, then it won't drive me nuts if she's "not doing it right"! Not too long later, she called me downstairs to look. I honestly don't know how bad it was before she started, but typically, the downstairs bathroom sink is a complete mess with toothpaste all over it. I think the kids get more toothpaste on the sink and cabinets than they do their toothbrushes and teeth? Anyway, it was totally wiped clean! She pointed out that she missed the toothpaste that was all over the front of the vanity, but I was so excited about the work she did on the sink I didn't care, and I just wiped it up myself! I think I'm going to have to let her help more often, and the secret is for me to be in a different part of the house doing something else! We may try that again tomorrow after school! If I could only figure out how to get her to pick up her room?

No comments: