Monday, September 17, 2007

End in sight?

We had a productive Sunday! Scott spent all day painting the house. We are ALMOST done! The only thing left is to paint the foundation on the south and west side of the house, and to removed our south gate and paint under the boards connecting the fence to the house. Oh, also I need to finish painting the rafters in the patio area. That's tough on my neck, so not looking forward to finishing that up. Anyway, I think it's possible to get it done before it snows!

Gage and Emma played very nicely most of the day yesterday. They played Yu-Gi-Oh cards on the front steps while I was cutting back the plants out front. Gage makes up his own rules and Emma doesn't care, so it was fun listening to them play as I worked. We are getting ready for winter to strike!

I've been trying to figure out what the kids want to be for Halloween. I want them to be Shrek and Fiona (mostly because I think Emma would make a cute Fiona with her red hair). Gage doesn't want to. I know Emma could just be Fiona on her own, but I like for them to "go together". I know that's silly, but it's more fun to scrapbook that way! Gage is wanting to be some Star Wars dude, and there are a couple female Star Wars characters, but talking Emma into it isn't easy. I don't think she knows what she wants to be. We looked online at several stores at their costumes. She wanted to be ALL of them, so narrowing it down is going to be hard for her I think? Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but it's fun dressing the kids up and watching all of the reactions of our friends as we stop at their houses for treats. Last year they were Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Those were kind of boring costumes to me, but they loved them. The year before that they were Peter Pan and Tinker Bell (very cute). Prior to that was Woody and Jessie from Toy Story 2. I remember taking them to Scott's office and one of the guys just LOVED the costumes. He still talks about it to this day. Then, Emma's first year of Halloween they were dressed as Pooh and the Honeypot. Adorable. So, it's been a tradition that they "go together". I know it's going to end sometime in the near future, so I best do it while I still can. I don't think I'm going to win with the Shrek and Fiona thing though. You'll all be waiting at the door to see what they are on Halloween night! :-)

No comments: