Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hunting widow

Fall is here, which means I am officially a "hunting widow". Scott and Gage arrived home yesterday around 12:30pm from their long weekend of hunting. Scott has not even been home for 24 hours, and he is gone again. He has 100's of different friends that he hunts with. None of the others' wives will let them be gone as much as Scott is, so he needs several buddies to switch off amongst them so he'll always have someone that can go with him. I think there were about 5 with him this past weekend, so Jody Jennings is the buddy of choice for tomorrow, as I'm sure those other 5 are "homebound" for a few days since they were gone the over the weekend. Gage had a great time. He says he shot a duck with his BB gun but didn't kill it. Brie came home exhausted, which is a good thing. Scott, well, I know he is tired because he was doing weird things in his sleep last night and that typically happens when he's sleep deprived. Last night he was making hand movements and mumbling something. The fun thing about this is, that I can actually ask him questions, and he will answer, as long as I don't technically "wake him up". I am going to have to keep a pen and paper on my nightstand so I can remember details of what he says and does. That will add quite a bit of humor to future blog postings.

No comments: