Friday, September 14, 2007

Cub Scouts

Gage is sooooo excited to FINALLY be signed up to be a Cub Scout. He has been talking about it for a year now. Last night Gage and Scott went to an organizational meeting at the school and Gage came home with a Cub Scout matchbox car, a Pinewood Derby car kit, and a lunchbox type box to put his car in. He is so excited to start working on that car. He asked me this morning if he could start on it tonight! He took all of his items to school today for show-and-tell. I'm sure he won't let his teacher forget about that again today! :-) I'm excited for him.

Emma and I went to a Pampered Chef party last night. It was fun and they had some yummy food to eat. I can't wait to get the spices I ordered so I can try them out, and my new cookbook. Hopefully it will inspire me to start working a little harder at figuring out meal plans for supper. It's a new cookbook called Dinner in 29 minutes (I think that's the name?) Anyway, I am sure about the 29 minutes part!! I don't know what my problem is about preparing supper. I think I am in such a rut, I need some new ideas so I can get excited about it. I seem to always fix the same old stuff. It's good stuff, but if you have it ALL of the time, it just gets old.

My friend Emily is back from their trip. They've been gone for a couple of weeks, so I've been missing her. I lost my walking partner Sherry, as she started back to work when school started back up since all of her kids are in school all day now. I am sad about that. However, I did get Emily to walk with me today. It was a bit cool out, but it felt great. I need to get a routine started so I can get that walk in most days of the week. It does make a huge difference in the energy level I have for the rest of the day. However, now that I've been working in the evenings and having problems with insomnia, it's hard to have enough energy to do much of anything. I've also noticed I'm grumpier than usual. Scott would agree with that I'm sure. I need to get my schedule changed around so I'm not so grumpy and tired during the day.

We have a busy weekend planned. My Circle group starts meeting again tomorrow and we are studying a new book called "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World". I've been working on the first chapter and I think it's going to be a good book with good discussions to follow. We are meeting at Stringbean Coffee Shop. I'm excited about that too! I was introduced to Starbucks' Caramel Frappucino last year, and I LOVE THEM! I tried a hot Caramel coffee last fall and really liked it. Then I've tried their Vanilla Latte, and fell in love with that. Then, just the other day I tried their Pumpkin Spice Latte and it was delicious! I have never liked coffee, but man, these are GOOD! The only problem is, I will go broke if this continues. I'm not addicted yet, physically, to the coffee. It's the taste that I crave. So, I need to figure out how to create these on my own at home before the physical addiction to the caffeine kicks in!!! It's so bad too, because I can rationalize buying them because it's coffee. Everyone drinks coffee. It's not a treat. Everyone drinks it. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to create these delicious coffees at home? I'll be starting from scratch, as I don't even have a coffeepot.

2 comments:

GE is me said...

Hey Stacy, haven't commented on your blog since the beginning, cuz I kind of lost it for a little while. To make your coffees at home you have a couple of options. Get regular coffee & flavored creamers. International delight makes a nice one called vanilla toffee caramel. You can do liquid or powder. If you like your coffee the way I do & if you have the least little bit of a weight problem I'd suggest the powder over the liquid as weight watchers points you can use quite a bit of the powder before it costs you a point. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure International delights makes a powdered creamer; however coffeemate does & they have a similar flavor. (Everyone always jokes w/me that I like a little coffee w/my cream & sugar.) Which btw when you use flavored creamers you do not need sugar. The other option you have is there are some powders by the powdered coffee creamer(international coffees?) in a rectangular tin, that you just add water to I believe. But they are flavored coffees.

I love Emma's french braids. At what age were you able to get her to sit still for those? I know the concept, but am not good at it & with my girls only being 2 1/2 they don't want to sit still for that.
How did you get good at french braiding?
-Gail

GE is me said...

Stacy, a couple of other thoughts. My girlfriend who is quite the gourmand(I call her Martha Stewart, Jr.)swears by pampered chef recipes. She said she's never used 1 of their recipes & had it go south on her.

As to a couple of your earlier posts about Emma cleaning her room, you might check out the house fairy at flylady.net. They swear by her. Or you can get to her site by going to housefairy.org. Since mine are only 2 I really don't have much sage advice to offer on that.

Hope these help. -Gail