Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Silver Bullet a.k.a. serious carcass hauler


Apparently Scott is bored with my blog. I received an email from him asking me to post these pictures of his truck, which he named "Silver Bullet, a.k.a. serious carcass hauler", and said I can talk about how Gage and Emma love riding in it and how it's costing more to get it "ready" than I anticipated.


Well, it is true, Gage and Emma love riding in it. Mom is not too thrilled, however. As you can see, it is an extended cab, but that extension is quite small. There are 2 jump seats which aren't real compatible with car seats/booster seats. In order for Scott and the kids to ride in it together, Emma must ride in the back on the jump seat with her carseat that barely fits, behind the passenger and Gage then must ride in the passenger side in the FRONT seat, in his booster. Needless to say, Gage was quite thrilled by that. He has NEVER ridden in the front seat before (aside from the 2 block drive from my parents' house to Scott's parents' house in rural, small-town Iowa). The reason no one is able to ride behind Scott is because he basically has to sit in the back himself to get his long legs to fit in the truck! He is able to turn off the air bag, but I still don't think it's a great idea for them to travel with Gage in the front. He will have to use the van in the future, and I will get to drive the "silver bullet". However, my van is NOT going to be a serious carcass hauler, even though it is a "silver bullet" as well.


It is also true that it is costing more to get it "ready" than I thought. First, we buy the truck. Next, we buy the topper. However, the topper was hunter green, so we then had to take it to an autobody place to have it painted to match. Today I received an email from Cabela's telling me my order for floor mats has been shipped (needless to say, I did not order floor mats). Oh, and did I mention we had to buy new brackets for his Yakima rack that he will place on the top to haul his boat? I wish I had a picture of him sticking his little DU sticker that he got at work today to the back window. :-) I'm not sure what other "accessories" we "need", but I'm sure we aren't finished. I'll keep you posted.


I do agree, that my postings were getting quite boring. Not too many exciting things have happened lately. I could tell about someone falling off the ladder painting, but that didn't happen. I'll try to spice things up a bit and see what happens!


No comments: