Saturday, September 8, 2007

Beaming with pride!


Emma had her first dance lessons today. She's a natural. She takes after her Grandma Pipi. Grandma was big into dance when she was young. As you can see from the pictures, she was adorable. Also, I want to point out, that little sack behind the instructor on the floor, is a bag full of suckers. Emma will do almost anything for candy, as evidenced by the previous blog entry about her "cabity". I was beaming with pride the entire class. She apparently has been watching enough Angelina Ballerina and Barbie and the Nutcracker to get some ideas on what to do and how to do it. She certainly hasn't learned that from me, remember, I don't have rhythm. We have also been talking alot about different activities that she gets signed up for. She's been talking alot about gymnastics and dance, and I'm always telling her when she can learn to listen, she can do those things more often. She was paying very close attention and did everything she was supposed to do. There are only 4 girls in the class, and one of them has obviously been enrolled in the program before. The other 2 are new along with Emma. There will be dance recital type events, the first one being in December, I believe. I remember my niece Katie going to dance and getting her hair all done up and make-up on. She was beautiful in her dance costumes. I'm excited for Emma to do that. Although, I am going to have to have some help in the make-up department. I don't remember the last time I wore make-up. It was either in nursing school, or possibly a time or two when we lived in Mississippi (10 years ago!). I don't even have any make-up in the house. Maybe that will be to my advantage when she wants to start wearing it when she turns 12? Anyway, I'm sure I'll be calling on my make-up wearing friends when that time rolls around. Although, this may be more of a ballet-type program and I don't know if ballerinas get decked out in make-up? Emma enjoyed her class and I did too. We learned alot today. I also learned what side of this big church to park on so we don't have to run around the entire building checking all of the locked doors, finally to find one open, all of which occured in the pouring rain. Also, those cute little pink leather ballet shoes were only $13. I was glad to hear that!

No comments: