Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Emma's first day of Jr. Kindergarten












Well, today was the big day. Emma got out of bed much easier this morning, knowing she was going to get to go to school! Dropping kids off at school is a little more hectic this year, as they are both supposed to be at school at 8:30a. I'm lucky Northridge and the YMCA are only a few blocks away from each other! No one was late this morning. And, I'm sure you're wondering what I did with my first 3 hours of freedom since this past spring? Well, it wasn't great fun, that's for sure. I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. :-( I know, I know, that's not "spicing" thing up much. Emma enjoyed her first day. She came home with a Science worksheet that they completed in class, so already up and learning!
After lunch I had an orthodontist appointment. They took out the palate expander and replaced it with a wire that will keep my teeth where they are. Man, is that nice! They told me that was like going from granny underwear to a thong! That is exactly how it feels too, almost like nothing is there! I now have to be patient until Oct. 22, and they will start closing the hole between my 2 front teeth. Thank goodness for this false tooth!!! It's amazing how good I can feel about having 3 front teeth! Dr. Warford is quite excited about the changes that have taken place. (So am I!)

No comments: