Monday, September 24, 2007

Volunteering

I learned something about myself tonight. Well, I kind of already knew that I hate volunteering for things, but I never really thought about why. I discovered why, tonight. I don't like volunteering for things because when I do something, I do it to the extreme. I engulf myself into whatever it may be, and I become obscessed with it (there's a recurring theme here, with the OCD idea). For instance, last week when I was obscessed with the Cub Scout thing, well, it was kind of a good thing that I was. I had more information to share at Gage's first Den meeting than the leader did. I'm not trying to give Scott a hard time or anything, because he had quite a busy weekend with Gage and his 100 friends in Tuttle. That's alot of work entertaining that many people and making sure they all have a bed to sleep in and food to eat. I always want everything to go perfectly, and many times it is out of my control. The meeting wasn't a total disaster. Alot of the stuff wasn't really Scott's fault. The head of the pack has not even given us a roster of the kids that our in our den, and we have not gotten any information on whether we are to be giving out the recognition patch, etc. I just hate disorganization. This past summer, we were involved in the baseball program with Gage, and it was a total disaster and completely unorganized. Scott volunteered to coach Gage's team. It was better after that, but I don't understand how people that are in charge of these things can let them become so chaotic? I guess that is why I don't volunteer to do things, because I would go completely nuts trying to make sure that everything went as smoothly as possible and that everyone went home happy.

No comments: