Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hair cut

I took Emma to the salon yesterday to get her hair cut. This is the only the second "real" hair cut she has had in her life. She didn't really know what to think, and the lady tried getting her to smile, but there was no way that was going to happen. It is pretty cute, and much shorter than it was. I french braided it for school today because she had swimming lessons and I don't want the teachers to have to take time to comb it, etc. When I went in to watch lessons at the Y, the teacher saw me and came to tell me that Emma had her braids taken out of her hair before I even got down the stairs when I was leaving this morning. Her teacher said that as soon as she got them out, she was flipping her hands through her hair and moving her head from side to side as she flipped. I'm not sure if you get a clear picture of that, but I know she didn't learn that from ME! Where do they get this stuff? Apparently she wanted the teachers to see her new haircut? I had a problem with her doing this last year, and I told her if she kept taking out the braids, then I was going to have it cut short like Gage's. That cured the problem, so I guess I'm going to have to threaten that again. I told her today that I would make a deal with her. Since she has swimming one time a week this year, then if she wore her braids on swimming days, then she could wear her hair down on the other 2 days. We'll see if that works. If not, back to the salon we go!!

No comments: