Monday, October 13, 2008

A cold Monday

Scott left bright and early this morning around 3:30am! I didn't get that great of sleep last night because Brie woke me up a few times when she was making licking noises. I'm not sure what her problem was, but Scott thought maybe her feet were raw from the pavement when we walked in the CROP Walk? I was more than happy when I found out that Brie would be going with Scott to Canada! She really irritates me first thing in the morning when my alarm goes off she is like a total spaz because she wants to eat her breakfast. As I walk past the stairway to go to the bathroom she's down and back up the stairs before I even get into the bathroom. Then she's all hyper and making so much noise with her tail banging everything she gets near, that by the time we get to the back door for her to go outside my nerves are shot. I'm just not that perky in the morning and it drives me nuts when she acts like that. Then she rings the bell on the back door all day long to go outside. She'll be out for awhile, then bark to come back in and not 2 minutes later, she's ringing the bell again. That too, drives me nuts. So it will be a nice and peaceful week with Brie gone.

It started spitting a little snow on our walk home from school today! It was quite chilly out today. We spent a couple of hours outside helping our neighbor, Dave, pick the apples off of his tree. It is supposed to freeze tonight so he wanted to get them picked. The kids enjoyed helping, but they were fighting over who got to be on the ladder, then they were fighting over the apple picker. I told Dave to be sure and let me know when he was tired of having us "help" him. He didn't seem to mind too much. He likes giving the kids a hard time and they enjoy giving it back.

I got about 7 scrapbook pages power laid out today. I know that doesn't seem like many, but I am up to Easter 2006 and I just hate doing those pages. I've done sooooooo many Easter pages (it's every holiday for that matter!) that I just have a hard time coming up with ideas. I was glad to get through those and now hopefully I can start going through them a little quicker. Each time I've been to Medora I usually seem to get anywhere from 32-36 pages done, so if I can just get that many laid out, I'll be doing well.

I think I have the issues with the kids on Friday worked out. Bonnie, my neighbor, is going to have them walk home with her from school, then my friend, Laura and her daughter Ellie, are going to come pick them up when Ellie gets out of school. Laura will drop the 3 of them off at the YMCA and Ellie will help them get ready for swimming lessons and then wait for them to get done and Laura will come back to pick them up and bring them here for the rest of the time until Scott gets home. Now I just need to figure something easy out for them for supper. It's hard enough for me to fix the kids' supper after a busy Friday, so I certainly don't expect Ellie to do it! I'm sure I'll figure something out. I'm just relieved I have the swimming lessons issue worked out. I can tell you one thing, if Scott had to do all of this juggling trying to figure things out every time he wanted to go somewhere, he might not go as often! He doesn't ever have to worry about a babysitter because I'm always here! I probably better not get started on that subject!

I'm going to try to get to sleep a little earlier tonight. My alarm went off too early this morning and I just didn't want to get out of bed. I had a Netflix movie that I wanted to watch this afternoon so I laid on the couch and got all snuggled up in a blanket. The movie sucked and I couldn't seem to keep my eyes open. The movie was "Left Behind" which is the series of books I've been reading for the past few months. The books are really good, but the movie just didn't trip my trigger. I don't even think I can finish watching it, so I'm just going to send it back and get something else. I think I have A Cinderella Story coming next?

1 comment:

Kara said...

Missed you tonight at our Artsy Fartsy group! Maybe you can join us another night.....of course, you would have to sacrifice your Monday night television!

It was a chilly day! I am sure you really are starting to feel it on your walk to/from school!!

Good job on getting so organized for your trip! You'll come home so motivated after getting lots of pages done! Yeah!!!