Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Gage!

Gage was about 6 hours old at this time 8 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long ago! It seems like only yesterday that he came into this world and changed my life. I'm not sure what I would do without my two precious children that God has blessed me with!


Gage was excited this morning to get up and open up his presents. Today was much more quiet than yesterday. A lot of times to me, the actual birthday can be sort of a let-down if the party has already happened. Many times, if possible, I try to have their birthday parties on their actual birthday because of that reason. However, I am thankful we had the party yesterday because it was chilly and windy out today and it would have been less pleasant to have the party outside, and even more unpleasant to have it inside!!


Gage was very nice and let Emma open up some of his presents. I think deep down, they really do like each other!


I've always loved playing Monopoly, but I'm not sure about Monopoly with a Star Wars twist? Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to play it today because we had to go to soccer this morning. Gage was not happy about that and due to the attitude he got to spend a little bit of "alone time" in his room before we left.



What could it be? The suspense is killing me!



You guessed it......................Star Wars Legos! I just can't wait to get started on them!! :-)



Gage scored his second goal of the season today! He was pretty excited about it.



Coach Keith gives a little half-time talk. It was quite chilly out there this morning and started to sprinkle a little near the end of the game.


Gage does the corner kick, or at least I think that's what it was. I don't know too much about soccer, and despite the season almost at an end, I still don't know much about it.
We didn't do too much today. Scott's parents are here and Gage and Emma love having some undivided attention.
I seem to be having a hard time thinking of anything to say. I didn't have that wonderful of a day. Scott was a butt (and that's putting it nicely) most of the day. I can say that can't I? Sure I can................it's my blog and I can say what I want to! Needless to say, today was a bit of a downer. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

No comments: