Thursday, December 18, 2008

Deja Vu?

The weatherman is calling for another winter storm this weekend! It should be Friday night and Saturday, rather than Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully the kids' Christmas program will not be called off. It's still very cold here and my forehead hurt when we got home from school today. I don't think I've ever had a cramp in my forehead, but that's what I think it would feel like? It truly is Deja Vu with the storm, as Scott is planning to go hunting in it again. He was complaining of his toe hurting a little tonight because it apparently got painfully cold today when he was out hunting. It's really hard for me to give much sympathy, since he doesn't have to go out in the first place. I don't think anyone out hunting in negative temperatures is very smart to begin with. Sorry Scott, but you're crazy!

This morning I went to the library at school to reshelve books and Mrs. Schmidt asked me if I had anything going on today. I actually didn't! She had a meeting to go to this afternoon, which would have left Mrs. Hocking by herself with the Kindergarteners at Corpus Christi (I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!), and she asked me if I would want to work at Corpus Christi this afternoon. I jumped on that opportunity! I continue to get refused at Biolife because my pulse rate is too high every time I go. I think that it's high now because I'm nervous about it being too high, so I'm trying to calm myself with yoga-like breathing, which causes me to get all worked up and it doesn't help? I will also be working at Corpus Christi next Tuesday, as one of the ladies in the lunch room can't work and couldn't find a sub. Agreeing to that could be unwise. The library is one thing, with one class at a time, but I've been in the lunchroom with Gage at Northridge and it was horribly stressful just eating there, let alone trying to keep everyone in line! It was so darned loud that I could hardly stand it. I like it in the library where everyone is supposed to be quiet!

We do not have swimming lessons tomorrow as the session ended last week, which reminds me that I haven't even checked to see if they passed. I'm pretty sure they didn't since they just passed into those levels for this past session. I should check, however. We haven't really had to get out of the house too much this week, aside from baking with Kara yesterday and gymnastics Tuesday. It has been nice not rushing here and there for different activities. I'm going to try to keep that in mind, when it's time to sign up for things again. Both Gage and Emma want to do gymnastics this next session, so I signed them both up to go in January-March, and I don't have anything else planned. I'm hoping to slow things down a bit in the new year!

No comments: