Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow day!

The blizzard did finally come! Our snowfall, according to KXMB, measured out at 12.4 inches and it is around -15 degrees outside! It's going to be a COLD walk to school tomorrow morning! I'm sure glad I didn't have to leave the house today! In fact, I'm still in my pajamas that I put on last night at bedtime. I love days like this!

Pastor Jake called our house early this morning to let us know that church had been cancelled. Gage called him back shortly afterwards to find out if the Christmas program was going to be cancelled or postponed. It is undecided at this point. The kids were sad about not having the program today, but they soon forgot about it after their day got started.

Scott snapped this picture from our front door this morning after we got up. We had quite a big drift in our driveway. THANK GOD I didn't have to shovel it! I think that would have killed me!


Grizzy decided a great way to spend the snow day was sleeping in an empty box. He was pretty snuggly warm as the box was right next to a heater vent.


Emma spent her day making forts out of the Christmas presents that are (were) under the tree.


Scott and Dave spent their day outside removing snow from the driveways. They cleared out 6 driveways and the sidewalks that went with them.
I apparently didn't get a picture of Gage today. He spent his day playing video games and complaining about having spelling homework to do.
I spent an hour or so this morning attempting to scrapbook. I just wasn't feeling very creative this morning, so I spent the rest of the day dinking around and playing video games with Gage. We have been playing darts with the Wii, with one of the new games we have from Gamefly. If you don't know, Gamefly is like Netflix, only with video games instead of movies. I really like it because it allows us to try out a game before actually buying it. I think it has saved us a couple hundred dollars already because we've gotten a few games that I would have bought, but got through Gamefly only to find out we didn't like it!
Emma had eventually decided to turn her "fort" into a library. She had all kinds of books and DVD's available for check out!

Emma is scanning this book that Gage wants to check out of her library. Emma made the nunchuk controller for the Wii into a scanner for her library so books and videos can be checked out.


After Scott had pointed out to me what Emma was doing, I had to get a little video of her playing. She decided to be a librarian so she could makes "lots of money". I thought it was pretty sweet that she was doing this, because she must really be proud of me being a substitute library aide at school. She has never done this before. It makes me think about things a little differently, and that maybe I should be a little more cautious about what I'm doing, since she seems to want to do what I do. I guess it's a good thing I didn't decide to become a hooker, or drug dealer, huh?

No comments: