Monday, December 29, 2008

We're having a great time in Iowa! Aside from our frequent meltdowns, due to not enough sleep, the kids are having a great time. You can never spend too much time with cousins! Gage and Emma went to bed a little earlier last night, so hopefully today won't be quite so emotional!

I think my whole family is turning into rockstars! The Wii Rockband seems to be quite popular! The kids' new game, Wii Music, is fun too. There is a game where you can play the handbells and I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. It's a lot of fun. I can see a future for Scott in our church's handbell choir! :-)

Our Christmas celebrations are over and it has been great spending time with everyone. Unfortunately the weather prevented my sister Kim, her husband J.L., and my nephew and niece, Ryan and Sara, from getting here to celebrate. We have missed having them here. They intended to come the weekend before Christmas and the weather was bad, so they were going to try again this past weekend, but again, the weather did not cooperate. They live in Illinois and have had the terrible weather that caused all of the flight delays in Chicago. Hopefully we'll be able to get together with them again soon, before next Christmas!

Today is Monday, and is my nephew, Seth's, birthday. Happy Birthday Seth! I'm not sure if there is going to be a big birthday bash to help him celebrate entering the teenage years or not? Good luck Jari Jo! I certainly do NOT look forward to those teen years!

No comments: