Sunday, October 21, 2007

Blizzard

Today Gage was invited to attend a birthday part at the bowling alley in Mandan. Emma was very upset that she couldn't stay. To make her happy, we went to Dairy Queen. She was having a hard time deciding what she wanted. All of the pictures looked very good to her. In the meantime, I ordered a Snickers Blizzard. She then decided she wanted an Oreo Blizzard. The young gals working behind the counter handed Emma her blizzard upside down. Emma's eyes nearly popped out of her head as her jaw hit the floor. It was funny. I laughed and told the girls that she has never seen that before. Actually I think I have only seen it done a few times myself. Then, the other girl was bringing me my blizzard, and when she turned it upside down it fell onto the cash register and made a great big mess! Emma didn't know what to think. I laughed and told the girls I had never seen that before either! :-) She had my blizzard's cup inside another cup, so that's why it fell out. She was a little embarrassed and then proceeded to make me a new blizzard. It was funny. Emma had many questions while we sat there and ate our ice cream, waiting to go back to get Gage. He was very upset that he only got to stay for an hour, as he had hockey practice to attend. I told him beforehand that he would only get an hour, and that I didn't want a fit when it was time to go. He agreed, but then renigged. It was just way too much fun bowling in your Halloween costume. PLUS, they hadn't even had cake and ice cream, or the pizza that was part of the party package. Sometimes life just sucks! :-)

No comments: