Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Offer still stands

The offer for the free dog still stands, and personally I don't really care if it's a good home or not!!! It really bothers me that I have these negative feelings towards her. I have never disliked an animal in my life. I try and try to find things I like about Brie, it's just very difficult. Last night Scott left to go to Tuttle overnight and come back this evening. Well, in the meantime, Brie had an encounter with a skunk. YES, a skunk. UGH UGH UGH! She stinks so bad. As soon as she and Scott came in the house I smelled it. I made him put her outside. He left to take her to DU and wash her in their garage. (She had already been soaped down 4 times before she came home, so I really don't think it's going to help). She is going to have to sleep outside tonight, and I am going to stand FIRM on that one!!! I'll keep you posted.

Every Monday Gage brings home a newsletter from school telling about what they did the previous week. "A peak at last week" (Yes, I know peak is spelled wrong...........it's spelled wrong on the newsletter. I was going to point it out to his teacher after he brought the first one home, but I didn't want her to think I was a pain in the butt mom who thinks they know it all, and now I think too much time has gone by??) Anyway, as I was reading the newsletter, I got to Health. Here's what it says "In health, we completed a couple of lessons on how our bodies change as we grow. We talked about how we are special and nobody is the same as we are! In addition, we learned about our 5 senses (sight, touch, taste, hear, smell). However, one child reminded me that there is actually another sense..........and when I asked what it was, he replied, "Common Sense"! Leave it to a first grader!" Leave it to MY first grader! :-) When I read that I asked him who that was and he got a big grin on his face. He said to me, I should have also told her "sense of humor"! He certainly has one of those!!!! I thought that was pretty good and I wanted to share it with all of you! (I wish Brie had some common sense! Maybe I would like her more?)

1 comment:

GE is me said...

Stacy, did you try giving the dog a bath in tomato juice? I've never had the experience, but have heard that if you get sprayed by a skunk that that is what you should use to get the smell out. Poor Brie. :(
Good luck with her.

What a character Gage sounds like. As far as peak being spelled wrong could it have anything to do with the name of the school?
-Gail