Saturday, October 13, 2007

Dizzy?

At 4:00 this morning, Gage arrives in my bed and says, "Mom, I feel dizzy." (Mom is very tired because she stupidly stayed awake until about 1 a.m. watching Season 1, Disc 4 of Prison Break on the kids' portable DVD player in her bed). As I was trying to figure out what was going on, I said, "What Gage, you feel dizzy?" Gage says, "Yeah Mom, I feel dizzy." He then proceeds to puke all over Scott's pillow. (I'm quite thankful it was Scott's pillow!) I jump out of bed and scramble through the dark house looking for a bucket. I run back to my bedroom only to find he had puked again all over the sheets. I gave him the bucket and he said he didn't think he was going to puke again, as he puked in the bucket. UGH! What a terrible way to wake up! For me AND Gage! I had him go sit on the couch with the bucket while I changed the sheets and put the puked-on sheets in the washing machine. I had him come back to my bed and lay down, as I didn't want him to end up puking on the carpet on his way back to my bedroom the next time it happened. We both fell asleep, and awoke again at 5 a.m. to him puking IN THE BUCKET thank goodness!!! He was pretty much emptied out and was then retching. I felt horrible for him. My friend Emily and her 3 kids had all gone through the same thing for the past few days. So far, Emma has not felt sick, nor have I. A friend's son up the street came to sit with Gage while took Emma to dance class. (Scott was still out hunting) I was SO THANKFUL that he came to help me out. Scott was still gone and I had already gone through 2 neighbors looking for help. I tried to pay him but he wouldn't take the money. I will get it to him somehow. I am sooooo thankful to have such great friends and neighbors. I hate asking for help, and I typically don't, but when I do, it is very nice to have people who are willing to lend a helping hand.

Let's pray no one else gets sick and that Gage feels better soon. He has a Cub Scout "Go See It" activity tomorrow afternoon with his den, and then a pack meeting on Monday where he will receive his Bobcat patch and instant recognition emblem for all of his hard work thus far.

2 comments:

GE is me said...

Stacy, it is nice to have wonderful neighbors & friends isn't it??? We do too & I truly am blessed by it. My landlord just had a baby 3 days ago. Yesterday when they came home from the hospital I cooked dinner for them & then this am I made french toast for everyone. Tonite they cooked dinner. What's wrong w/that picture??
Sometimes instead of trying to give someone money since they don't want to take it; I will bake something for them or get them a gift cert. to a fav. restaurant.
Just a thought.
-Gail

GE is me said...

p.s. I just told the husband if the girls ever come in our room in the middle of the night saying they are dizzy to take them immediately to the bathroom! :)