Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Popcorn

Cub Scout popcorn sales officially started yesterday. Gage is doing great. This is funny.........tonight after supper, the doorbell rang. Emma answered it and I could tell she didn't know what to say, so I went to see who it was. It was a young boy selling raffle tickets for Cathedral School fundraiser. The tickets were $1, so I went to look for some money. Of course I can't find any dollar bills, so I started rummaging for change. When I came back to the door, Gage was outside trying to sell this kid some popcorn. LOL! I was a little embarrassed at first. The kid's Dad then came up to the door and looked at the popcorn choices. They live a block south of us and he sent us to his house for his wife to buy some popcorn. I guess that'll teach em! HA HA! So, we met some new neighbors with kids about Gage and Emma's ages. They seem very nice. Gage and Emma had a blast playing with the 4-year-old girl while I stood inside collecting money.

I have tons to do to get ready for Gage's big birthday bash on Thursday. Gage told me that if you wish someone well, that means they will get better. He says we have the power to change the future. I'm wishing myself luck, because I am going to need it. We have about 8 kids slated to walk home with us after school, plus a few others that don't go to his school. I'm going to need some luck.

1 comment:

GE is me said...

Stacy, you'll do fine with all the children. :) Wow Gage has some profound statements. He is right even if we only change 1 thing/1 person at a time. I hope he never loses that.
God bless, -Gail