Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Long weekend ahead

I had forgotten until last night, that there is no school on Thursday or Friday this week. They always have 2 days off in October due to the ND Teacher's Convention. Wonderful! Actually, it will be nice to have a relaxing morning and not have to fight Emma to get her butt out of bed! Gage is sad there is no school. Darn, he's going to miss show-and-tell on Friday! Hallelujah! At least there won't be a fight about what to take this week!

Last night I attended my first Tupperware party ever. I really like Tupperware, but have never known anyone who sells it, therefore have never had a party or known of anyone who was having a party. Maybe I've been invited to one and wasn't able to attend?? I'm not sure. I've been invited to so many parties since we've been here, it's hard telling if one of them might have been a Tupperware one and I just wasn't able to go? Anyway, Emily had a party, and I was able to go. I hired my friend Amy's son, Clay, the one Emma wants a playdate with, to come and sit with the kids while I was gone for a couple of hours. I think he might have been a little afraid at first, because when he called me back, he said, "What will I have to do?" I told him I would have the kids in bed before he got here, so if he was lucky he wouldn't have to do a thing! The kids were a little sad when I had them in bed, then told them that Clay would be coming to babysit while I went to Emily's party because they wanted to play of course. I told Gage and Emma I would have Clay come to tell them goodnight. They must have fallen asleep before he arrived (which would have had to have been within about 10 minutes) because Clay said he didn't hear a peep out of either one of them! I was amazed. I have problems with Emma and babysitters. Every thing is peachy until it's time to go to bed, then all heck breaks loose, and many times, she's still awake when I get home. All of my regular babysitters have gone off to college and I am so sad about that. I have a couple of younger gals I can call, but sometimes I need them to be able to drive as I can't take them home when the kids are asleep and Scott is gone. Anyway, I'm quite sure that was the easiest $20 Clay has ever earned in his life!! And, he said to call him anytime if I need anything. So maybe I found myself a new babysitter? I don't need them very often, but when I do, it's so nice to have someone to call! And by the way, the Tupperware party was alot of fun. I won a couple of different prizes so that was exciting. I also got a couple of wonderful recipes I can't wait to try, along with a few products I ordered! I can't wait for them to come in! It's pretty pathetic when I am excited about having attended a Tupperware party! I am getting old. I guess I should leave the gray hairs alone.

1 comment:

GE is me said...

Stacy, you ARE NOT getting old; gray hair is a sign of wisdom & yes, well, sometimes in life it is the little things that excite us. So no, you aren't pathetic.
My girlfriend is into the McD's monopoly contest so I brought her a sandwich w/the game piece on it. Asked her what her thrill was- she said just trying to win the big money. I told her I enjoyed pulling the pieces off to see if I won.
-God Bless, -Gail