Sunday, January 4, 2009

Busy work week!

We have a busy week ahead of us! Unfortunately my friend, Juanita, in the library, is having some back problems and is needing me to sub for her in the afternoon all week. (It's unfortunate for Juanita, but fortunate for me!) It's funny, because back when I was working in the hospitals, I dreaded going in to work, and with this job, I look forward to it. I hope your back gets to feeling better Juanita! We're thinking about you!

We made it to Target today without any big meltdowns, believe it or not. Well, I guess it's easy to believe, because Target had what both Gage and Emma were looking for (thank goodness!). I think I won't be taking them into any stores for quite awhile. They have had an awful case of the "gimmies". We're going to have to dig out our book "The Barenstain Bears Get the Gimmies" and hopefully get rid of those darned things! They are both nearly broke, so that will help.

Gage and Emma were invited over to our friends, Steve and Laura's, this afternoon to play with Alan and Ellie. They had a great time and even got to go to the Y with them and go swimming. Scott and I took advantage of not having the "gimmies" with us and ran a few errands. I think we're nearly stocked back up after our trip to Iowa. Now I just need to make it to the grocery store. I'll have to maybe check out the online grocery shopping tomorrow.

I have a volleyball game tomorrow night. The first one of this session. It will be with a different team of which I know only 1 person. I'm excited to play again. We have a Girl Scout meeting on Thursday after school, so I need to get prepared for that. We are officially into the new year of 2009, and our week is just as busy as the end of 2008. Keeping busy will keep us out of trouble.

No comments: