Monday, January 19, 2009

Day off

Today we had the day off of school, to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. day. Our guest left early this morning and Scott was out of the house fairly early as well. I woke up a few times and it was quiet in the house, so I closed my eyes and went back to sleep. The kids let me sleep in this morning until 9:30!!! It's been quite awhile since I've been able to do that! It was kind of nice!

Gage and Emma had a pretty good day today. They played very well together when they were playing Rockband on the Wii. Of course Mom had to join in the fun. :-) I'm sure when they get older, Gage and Emma are going to think I'm a totally cool Mom, or a completely lame Mom. It's probably going to be the latter. LOL!

We picked Scott up for lunch and ate drive-thru McDonald's while we drove him to the Toyota dealership to pick up his truck. From there the kids and I went to Barnes and Noble. Of course we found a bunch of books we liked, so the kids used some of their B&N gift cards and I had a coupon that I got in an email. I bought the 3rd book in the Twilight series since I only have a couple of chapters left in book 2. I was sad to discover that they don't have the 3rd book out in paperback yet. I'm glad I had the extra coupon to use.

We came home and Gage spent quite awhile reading one of his new books. We started a Netflix movie we had and didn't quite get it finished before we had to head out for gymnastics. I really wanted to skip gymnastics because I hate having back-to-back activities and right after gymnastics tonight we had a Pack meeting which consisted of sledding. Of course it was completely disorganized (AS ALWAYS!) and didn't get started until nearly 7pm. Who in the world would schedule a sledding event at 6:30pm on a school night during the winter when it gets dark at 5p? I kept my mouth shut; however, because I know if I get going on it I'll end up finding myself with more responsibilities and I certainly don't need that!

I had volleyball tonight at 9:30, so it's been quite a busy day. I'm glad school is back in session tomorrow. They have some sort of speaker in the library tomorrow and Wednesday, so I only have to go in to shelve books if needed tomorrow and I have Wednesday off. I hope to get some work done in the basement since I didn't do a single thing down here today. I'm sure I'll end up finding something better to do! I always do!

No comments: