Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

It seems that the underwear topic is quite popular! I think I am going to have to come up with some more interesting posts like that to keep things from getting boring! :-)

This morning I had a phone call from Mrs. Schmidt, and it seems that she caught the stomach flu that her son had on Monday. I was already planning to go in to work for Mrs. Hocking, as she was, and is going to be, out for awhile. Mrs. Schmidt said that she was unable to find a sub, which meant that I was by myself!! I assured Mrs. Schmidt that I could do it, and that it wasn't necessary to cancel the Kindergarteners' library day. The more I thought about it all, the more worried I was becoming, and I thought maybe I might need to stay home with the stomach flu too, with the way it was churning. I decided I needed to put things in perspective. I have been in many situations worse than this one, when I was working as a nurse, when people's lives were at stake. I felt a little better knowing that these were just books! I can't screw it up too bad, can I? I had one of the other ladies who works in the library during the first hour of the morning give me the low down on how to start up the computers and log onto the system. I took some notes and she told me if I needed anything, to call her on her cell phone. She was working at Corpus Christi first thing this morning getting all of the books checked in for the Kindergarteners' library time. I seemed to be a little less nervous once I got the computers up and running, and I found a stack of books on the desk with a note to check them out to Lexie. Hmmm.....................I wonder who Lexie is?? I thought I would give Mrs. Buechler a call, since she said I could, and ask her. It seems I should have also gotten a little training on how to use the phone! I couldn't figure out how to call out. I tried dialing 9, then the number. It didn't work. I tried 1 and the number and that didn't work either. I also tried just dialing the number without any luck. I decided that I would try and do a search on the computer, and since there was only 1 Lexie in the system, I knew it had to be her. It turned out to be correct. One problem solved! I had one 1st grade class that came in for story time and to check out books while I was at Northridge, and then after lunch, I went to Corpus Christi for 5 classes of Kindergarteners. I decided to read them the same story I read to the 1st graders, because it just kind of fit. It was called Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. After 6 times, I started to get pretty good at it! ;-) The kids enjoyed the book and it really wasn't quite that terrible! The kids were quite noisy, but for the most part, I think I kept them all in line. I'll be working again tomorrow, and as far as I know, Mrs. Schmidt will be there too. I'm praying she is anyway. Even a few of the Kindergartener's said, "You mean you're here all by yourself?" I told them to take it easy on me.

We had our Daisy Scout meeting right after school so I put in several hours at the school today! Unfortunately for me, Emma didn't behave at Girl Scouts like she did during library time. She confessed at suppertime it was because at school there is a principal, and she doesn't want to be sent to see him. I'm going to have to let her know that he is still in the building and she can still be sent to him, just to straighten her up a little bit.

We're having quite a bit of snow again. It was actually kind of pretty when I had the chance to see it out the window. Apparently the grocery stores were flooded with people stocking up in case it turned into a bad storm. I'm glad I wasn't there to experience it!

This post wasn't nearly as much fun as the underwear. You're going to have to come up with something else tomorrow Anonymous #2! I did enjoy Anonymous #5's comment about the type of underwear he may be wearing! I believe that Anonymous #3 was right on target suggesting he's a head case. Oh, and I was also quite disturbed to hear that Scott says 1 pair of underwear can last him a week during the hunting season. EEEWWWWW! Now there's another reason for me to hate the hunting season!! As for the new question about what product to use on the skid marks, I think since he has 49 pair, you're probably safe in throwing them away!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might suggest to Anonymous's underwear problem....if you are frustrated enough AND he does wear thong underwear, possibly consider giving them to him to use as dental floss before you wash them. You may feel more satisfied about them being more "used" and he can get a taste of his S@*T!!!!!
:) Hang in there!! Part of Anonymous' support team!

Anonymous said...

We may have more then an underwear problem here "don't you know" if he flosses before she washes the thongs he may have some tarter control issues and hallitosis (not sure how it is spelled for sure) and I'm not so sure a minty mouthwash would help or not. LOL
Hope this helps the Support team-and i'm not talking jock strap either-that's another story. LOL